Can Missionaries Do Business? Part III
The answer is empathetic, “Yes! Missionaries can do business!”
But there are several “if’s” to consider…
- They can if they see business as a good thing from God and useful (not just acceptable) for the Kingdom.
- They can see that their call may include business and not treat it as a sideline.
- They believe that, like Moses’ staff, it’s what God does with it that matters.
- They can leave behind the sacred-secular dichotomy that cripples the Body of Christ.
- They are willing to learn business skills and concepts with the same commitment they learned from the Bible and Missiology.
Should missionaries do business? Only if God leads them to, but if He does then they should do it with their whole heart and a clean conscience!
View part one here.
View part two here.
Leave a Comment