On a day like this, there are some simple things you can do to make it just a bit better. Try them. Add to the list.
- Step outside and just look around for a minute. Take a deep breath and find something beautiful to look at.
- Breathe deeply for 2 minutes. Concentrate on your breathing. If you have a smartwatch, ask it to remind you to do this several times during the day.
- Smile and say, “Hi!” to a stranger you see in the hallway or on the street.
- Turn off the news. If you need to know it, you will.
- Put on some music—any kind will do. Music speaks to the soul.